AMATEUR COMPETITORS ONLY
All of our Amateur bouts are for Amateur athletes, i.e. not athletes who have competed at a professional level. AUS-MMA considers an athlete to be on a professional level and thus not eligible for participation if he/she meets any one of the following criteria:
- holds a Pro MMA or professional combat sports license issued by any sanctioning body
- is under contract with a Pro MMA or professional combat sport promotion
- has received a fee for participating in an MMA or professional combat sports match
- has participated in a professional MMA match under the Unified Rules of MMA or equivalent in the state / country where the bout took place
- has competed against an opponent with a Pro MMA record at the time the bout took place
- has a Professional MMA fight record published anywhere
- Strikes against head, body and legs in stand-up position.
- Strikes against head, body and legs when the opponent is in an active ground position.
- Ground position applies when a contestant touches the floor with another body part in addition to the feet (the so called three-point rule)
- Kicks against head, body and legs in stand-up position.
- Knees against body and legs in stand-up position.
- Kicks and knees against body and legs when the opponent is in an active ground position.
- Throws and takedowns.
- Submission techniques.
- Strikes against the spine or the back of the head.
- Knees against the head.
- Elbow and forearm attacks.
- Throws where the opponent is intended to land solely on his/her head and/or neck, so called spiking.
- Locks on fingers and toes, so called small joint manipulation.
- Stomps against the opponent’s feet.
- Stomps against the opponent when he/she is in an active ground position.
- Kicks and knees against the head when the opponent is in an active ground position.
- Heel kicks against the kidneys.
- Kicks and knees from an active ground position against the head of the opponent when he/she is standing.